The most common reason people seek out acupuncture is pain. Which is great, because pain is easy to treat with acupuncture.
We use Dr. Tan’s Balance Method for pain. It’s an advanced acupuncture system that seems to work twice as fast as “regular” acupuncture, and “regular” acupuncture is already great for pain. In fact, we found Kinga at a Dr. Tan seminar.
Pain is your body’s signal that something is wrong. There’s two ways to treat it:
- Blocking the pain
- Fixing the original problem.
Acupuncture does both.
It causes your body’s natural painkillers to block the pain or reduce the intensity naturally. Even fake acupuncture (needles in the wrong place) has been scientifically shown to cause a release of endorphins. This means acupuncture releases your body’s main natural painkiller almost automatically. Even oxytocin, which helps in childbirth and reduces pain, works by causing a massive release of endorphins. It’s also very relaxing. Most opiods (heroin, cocaine, etc.) work by perverting the use of endorphin receptors.
However, even though you get a really nice, relaxed natural high, and feel better- that just treats the pain. The original problem is still there, waiting to flare up again. That’s where acupuncture really shines. It does it by promoting healing, reducing inflammation, quieting spasms, and basically helping your body do what it’s designed to. Heal itself.
- It has been shown in studies that acupuncture can reduce the recovery time from surgery by 50%.
- Arthritis, sinusitis, bursitis, and just about any kind of “-itis” (except elephantitis) is treatable by acupuncture. “-itis” is a fancy-pants way to say inflammation. Acupuncture seems to cause release of your body’s natural anti-inflammatories.
- Joint pain, tendon/ligament pain is greatly reduced or healed.
- Fibromyalgia? It bows to acupuncture. There are some sensitive spots/trigger points doctors found for fibromyalgia, but acupuncturists have known about them for thousands of years.
- PMS and other menstrual issues are trivial. We’ve seen women who are disabled 2-3 days out of the month only have slight, almost unnoticable cramps after treatment. (Usually herbs are needed though)
- In our experience, a full-blown migraine episode which you rate at a scale of 10 out of 10 for pain, can be reduced to 2 out of 10 during a single treatment. More treatments are usually needed to eliminate migraines completely though.
- Arthritis responds really well to acupuncture. Even in animals! (Sorry, we don’t treat Fido, Fluffy or your pony. We’re a human only clinic.)
- Back pain is often easy to treat. Depending on the cause, sometimes it’s best to seek acupuncture in combination with chiropractic. The chiro treats structural/compression issues, and we help complete the job by reducing inflammation and irritation.
More likely than not, if your pain isn’t listed above, it’s still probably something we treat. Pain is really just your body’s signal that something’s wrong. Acupuncture works with your body’s natural self-healing and self-regulating mechanisms to make things right.
It’s that simple.
Your body does the work, the needles are just a trigger or lever to get it going. We don’t know exactly how, but we know why. God or millions of years of evolution made your body to fix itself. Acupuncture just helps the process.
If you’re in pain, don’t wait. Get in here. Really.
You have nothing to lose, except the pain.